Hello from sunny cal-i-forn-i-a. I'm at Huntingdon Beach, Orange County for work, but with a day to adjust to the heat and timezone etc. California has many things I love - sun, sand, sea, sushi, punk music, beach casual fashion, outdoors culture, etc. But coming from the british winter, even with what has been a lovely spring, it takes a bit to get used to the acres of flesh. I was never comfortable walking around in a bikini, and certianly not playing volleyball in one, so it is all a bit odd. And surprise, surprise, there is not as much money or plastic surgery going on here as tv would make have you believe.
Oh and yes, i have eaten supersized, over sugared, 95 % fat meals. they are hard to avoid. I saw an ad for a new superfood - caramel chocolate popcorn. apparently it has some fibre in it. I managed to get porridge for breakfast, it was covered in brown sugar. My juice was supersized.
and if you are wondering why I am inside writing this at 2 in the afternoon - i can't handle sun anymore. my precious english skin can't cope. *sob*
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment