Happy family - Alex, Steve and Emily
and then i gave her a kiss...
... and then it was bed time
And then, Schmoo and Suz came to visit from Oz. So we had a day trip to stonehenge, on one of the coldest days of the year of course. We had some pretty serious frost in the lead up to Christmas, and there were large white swathes of frost (or possibly very light snow) on the way. And it was also the shortest day of the year, although i think the druids had already gone back to sleep in their campervans before we got there. And then we had a wander around the fairy lights of Bath for a bit of sightseeing/shopping, and discovered a very funky tearoom (ahhh, that hit the spot).
Bath in 'early' afternoon
Moroccan lights at the teahouse
Bath cathedral at Christmas
Christmas day was just Adam, Steve & I. I enjoyed my 4 hours in the kitchen, cooking a ridiculously large amount of pork, duck yorkshire pudding and veges. We had three types of homemade chutney, 13 types of fruit and veg, christmas pudding and two types of pie. And then we watched the Queen's speech, snoozed, played risk, smashed a peppermint pig. Ahhh, orphan's christmas.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
1 comment:
Wow, from the side of your face photo I thought you were me ... except I only got to meet Emily tonight. She is one very well behaved little cookie, isn't she? We had a lovely chat about how she doesn't really get a word in edgewise at home!!
I didn't take any photos of Christmas this year. Very slack - but the campground looked the same as always ... until the cyclone warnings got out and then apparently it looked deserted. I had already made my way to Woodford by then. The Cat Empire rock. Still. And Angus and Julia Stone are my new favourites.
S
Post a Comment