Thursday, July 07, 2005

A-okay

Dear all,

We are fine. Neither of us go through or near London on our way to work, so we are quite safe. I have been enjoying the fascinating live radio coverage, in particular a 5 minute description of a firetruck arriving at Brighton railway station to deal with a suspicious package. I also...have greatly enjoyed...the speeches....given by...Tony Blair.

In other news, English weather sucks. Ok, so that isn't news. But summer as I know it has disappeared, and now we have wet, cold weather again. Bugger. The rain is well received here though, since we are in the grip of the "worst drought since the summer of '76". It is true that there was a slightly brown tint to the landscape for a week, before the hay was harvested.

Oh well. Back to the lab with me for another late night... At least I have Radio 1 and Le Tigre for company.

Thanks for all your concern. It's nice to feel loved.

No comments: