Monday, June 06, 2005

The Final Countdown

It's only 8 days until I jump in the car and drive onto a boat. I am assured it will drop me off in France, and then it is off to Germany for the poor man's World Cup-the Confederation's Cup. Oh the excitment. Big matches for the Aussies against tough opposition...Germany, Argentina and, well, Tunisia. Kat is coming along for the Argentina game, while it is Stuart and I for the rest of the trip. Kat and I also get to see the Aussie vs Kiwi match in London on Thursday. I have a fun morning of replacing my VISA in London and hanging around to wait for the match (new passport-£80, new VISA-£500, realising you are missing a chromosome-priceless). Like there's anything to do in London!!!

Have gotten all the guides and equipment I need for driving in France/Belgium/Holland/Germany. Did you know they drive on the wrong side of the road? Idiots. And I have to carry a 1st aid kit and emergency triangle (in case we are attacked by squares). I might also carry some air freshener in case any German's get too close to the car.

The house-hunting continues. There are lots of things in our price range that we quite like, so we are almost spoilt for choice. At least it means we wont over pay for somewhere because we can just go somewhere else.

There is a little bit of tension in the house this week after Chelski (Kat's team) started trying to steal Tottenham's (my beloved team) Sporting Director, against premiership rules. What a bunch of jerks, although Kat seems to think it is fair enough. She's lucky she got sushi last night. Hmmph.

We hope everyone is well back home. Word.

1 comment:

mockingjay: hunger games said...

I'm not even sure what a Sporting director does. But apparently we want one. The whole thing was blown up in the media (suprise, suprise), which was beautifully stage managed by Spurs to ensure that they get their slice of Roman to the tune of $10 million. Grrrr. oh wait, that is only small change.