Spring has finally sprung a bit more, with Saturday being our first day without jackets this year. What does it take for a Brit at the end of a long winter to leave their coat behind I hear you ask? Thirteen degrees. That is all. Just 13 degrees Celsius, without too much wind and some decent sunshine. We even sat in the shade to eat lunch. Everywhere we walked we could hear the buzz of the lawnmowers getting their first run out of the shed this year, and the smell of meat cooking on barbeques that have lain untouched for 6 months.
Today it is even warmer, and sunny, and not windy. I think it is supposed to be about 17 degrees. No cardigans needed! I held class outside this afternoon. The non-British from warmer climes still had their big coats on. I had to sit in the shade as it was too hot in the sun. I will probably still be a bit burnt this evening.
But don’t worry. This heat wave is only predicted to last until Thursday, so it will be another cool and wet weekend. Ho hum.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
But where are the photos?
m
Post a Comment