Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October + snow = ????

Tonight on my ride home it snowed. It is October. OCTOBER, people. We don't have snow in October, we have snow in March and April. We had a stunning autumn but it only lasted a week. And now it is snowing. SNOWING. In OCTOBER. And not just a flake, proper flurries.

I like snow, but I am not ready for winter. Do you know what I found out the other day - sunset in December is before 4 pm. Apparently I had repressed this little fact. I could have sworn it was closer to 5, but the sun is already setting before 5 and it is only October.

Tomorrow should be chaos. The gritters haven't even thought of coming out of hibernation.

But on the plus side, organic porridge with banana and honey at the station.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe the weather either! It's ridiculous here too, although at least we haven't had snow yet. But your train station sounds very civilised. I used to be able to get nutella and banana crepes at our station but not only has the crepe stand closed down the entire building it was housed in has been removed without so much as a plastic fork remaining behind.

All that said, your new house looks great. We've got heaps to catch up about, I will give you a call as soon as possible - I just hope you're home.

Love
Alex