The new shower is finally up and running. The plumber installed it last week, then the electrician had to come by yesterday to connect the electrics. No suprisingly, it is an electric shower that heats the water as it passes through, ensuring the hotwater doesn't run out. I was worried about the water pressure, but it isn't too bad (much better than some places I have tried over here). I really enjoyed my shower yesterday, after a couple of weeks of baths (now there is a pretty image-Adam in a bath).
Little nibbler is becoming more and more adventurous. We took the feet off the lounges so she can't hide all the time, and she is adjusting better to the pressence of people. She still doesn't like to be approached or picked up, but she will let us pat her now without escaping, and if Seymour is sitting on our laps, she will come over, sniff us once, then sit nearby. Also, if he comes up to our bed at night, she will too sometimes (other times she sooks until he comes back). She tends to sit at the end of the bed and bolts if we move too much, but it is an improvement.
We also now have Matt, who has moved into the second bedroom. He is 21 (I think), and just out of uni at his first job. He works with computers (testing hardware/microchips etc) at the nearby Milton Park industrial estate. Been with us a week so far, and all seems fine. He even took his clothes off the line when they were dry, and vacuumed his room yesterday. That later might be because his girlfriend Sam is coming along on the weekend. She lives a couple of hours away, so we have not met her yet. Aparantly she is looking forward to having a bath, as she only has a shower at her place (crazy English-who wants a bath???).
Anyone know how I can watch the Australia/Uruguay games. Been looking hard today for info, and just can't find any. Sky don't seem to have it. The best I have found is Eurosport, which has a replay of the second leg the day after, and a website where the email contact indicated that he doesn't know yet, but that they have had all the other matches so they should (he only finds out the week before, I shall have to check again).
Don't forget, it is Kat's birthday on Monday (perhaps more for me than you). What shall I get her.....
Word to an away leg double by Bresciano.
Friday, November 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"What shall I get her"....how about a house, or some kittens, or Sky....Oh you just did....then that was probably why she sounded so happy & content on the phone today....I think you can rest on your laurels....at least this time Adam.
Post a Comment