...ice is back
And boy is it back.
For those of you who do not care about me enough to check on the weather over here every day, things have gone from cold to worse. The news described it as "winter finally arrives" and boy am I glad I was here for it. I woke up yesterday, looked outside at the snow covering everything, and decided reading articles in bed would be a more productive use of my time. But there was no avoiding work today, as I am giving a talk about my PhD work in a couple of hours (should be the last time I ever give a presentation about it). I was thinking of catching the bus this morning, but as I was crossing the park to the bus stop, it went past. So I decided to walk in the snow, working on the theory that it would be warmer than standing in the snow for 15 minutes and waiting for the next bus.
Yet, my walk was still pretty damn freezing. I swear that by the time I got in, Adam Jr and his friends had crawled there way into my body in protest at the torture they had to go through. Maybe I should get some thermal underwear or something. While I am wearing 3 jumpers to work, I am still just wearing a single par of trousers (overhere pants means underware and trousers mean pants-I confused someone the other day while describing my shopping adventures).
Time to go through my talk and check it makes sense.
Word to Phil's mama
Thursday, February 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment